Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Narrative Writing- To tell a story...

We have quite the writers in our class. Last week we started our narrative writing study and have gotten off to an awesome start. Currently we are working on building a story that has a clear beginning, middle, and end. Here is a copy of the narrative our class wrote together today. Can you find the beginning, middle, and end?

The Recess Disaster
by: Mrs. Pope's 3rd Grade

Ahhh, Yippie! It's 1:00pm and Mrs. Pope's class rushed out of the backdoor without the bag of recess equipment.  Today our teacher told us that we could go on the monkey bars and the swings. It's going to be a very fun afternoon.

Eric, Jamone, Breanna and I raced towards the swings. Jamone said. "Hey, Dewayne I bet I can swing higher than you."  I yelled, "Yea right, let's see!" The winner will be the swing champ of third grade. We pumped our legs higher and higher. We were so high that we almost touched a cloud. All of a sudden we heard Mrs. Pope's whistle blow. We knew that we needed to hurry off of the swings and get right in the line. So I did the unthinkable. I did a super- triple flip off of the swing. Mrs. Pope screamed, "NO!" I landed on my leg. I knew I was in trouble. My leg was twisted like a fresh baked pretzel from Pretzel Time. The pain was unbearable. What was I going to do?

Mrs. Pope got on the walkie-talkie and called the front office. Our class waited for someone to come and help. In an instant we heard a wonderful sound. It was the sound of help. Firetrucks and ambulances pulled up to the school. My angel, pushing a white stretcher raced to save me from all of my pain. I was soon taken to the hospital and right into surgery. My super- triple jump really didn't work out for me!

My mom met us at the hospital. She was very worried about me. I told her that I was going to be just fine. She told me that I needed to be careful at recess and that she was not mad at me. My mom said, " It was an accident and that is why they call them accidents." I was so relieved. I thought I was in BIG trouble! If only our class remembered to bring out the recess equipment, maybe I would not have gotten hurt!


0 comments:

Post a Comment